Thermoplastic Road markings
Hot Melt Thermoplastics are solid road marking materials at ambient temperature, which melt to liquid when heated at high temperature (between 180 and 220°C).
Key features of thermoplastic materials:
- Immediate drying allow immediate opening of the road to traffic
- Very long durability, as the are applied as thick layers (usually 1.5 to 3mm)
- Good quality vs. price ratio (very low priceof the materials)
- High night visibility until teh end of its use life, as they incorporate glass beads into its composition
- MX-7S is an optical measuring instrument devised for measuring the nighttime visibility of pavement markings.
- Portable type instrument which can measure the retroreflectivity by setting it directly on the pavement markings during day and night.
- Its memory can record and store the real-time data.
- Capable of continuous measurement for 8 hours using large-capacity battery.
Fully Automatic Road Marking Machine
Scope of Use:
- Asphalt and bitumen pavements
- Relining over hot thermoplastics, worn out alkyd and acrylic paints.
- Not suitable for applications over concrete pavements. use primer if needed.
- After opening to traffic, soiling of road markings may occure depending on the road,traffic and weather, due to its roughness.
- Hot applications after melting the material at indicated temperature. Lower temperature may cause low adherence pf materials.
- Road marking machine must be capable of automatically apply and control dosage and homogeneity
- Protect from open storage and extreme temperature changes
- Use paint within one year from fabrication date
- Do not overheat materials above its safety temperature keep the heated material constantly stirred, and use within six hours
- Do not subject the materials to more than four cycles of heating and cooling
Thermoplastics are commonly used for:
- Heavy traffic urban roads and highways
- Edge profiled lines
- Linear rumble strips
- Heavy traffic urban streets: Lane lines, central edge lines, symbols (arrows, numbers, letters),pedestrian crossing
Prismoline Recommends for Best Results
Potters Glass Beads
Potters are a step superior glass beads that are very tuf and are specially coated for high reflection and which are highly water and dust resistant.
POTTERS GLASS BEADS COMES WITH MAXIMUM ROUNDNESS IN THEM THUS MAKING THE GLASS BEADS APPROPRIATE FOR BEST REFLECTION
Sovitech Glass Beads
High performance road marking micro glass beads,for application by sprinkling . These are treated with special surface as to increase the performance of road marking beads. These in return gives a good reflective at day and night and also delivering anti skid restive properties